Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer is here!

After a long year of school and waaay too little poker I decided to really get back into it this summer. This blog is intended to keep me on course and let me vent/share everything that happens during the summer. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up post summer, as I'm going for Supernova after a slow start (5 months) to the year. But more about that later.

So almost 3 weeks in I can say that I'm really enjoying it. A lot. That said I haven't played as much as I hoped for. It's interesting, as I was talking to my girlfriend the other day she asked something about "isn't it hard to motivate yourself to play?" and I realized; I've actually never been in a relationship while grinding big volume, and I can see why that helped. Don't get me wrong at all, she is the best, and that's the "problem". Even though I don't spend enough time with her, it still takes away from the volume. I do 100% believe that while playing a lot you need to have stuff on the side to help you stay sane, it's just a bit more to balance.

So for the summer the plan is to be grinding 180-mans weekdays with the odd MTT mixed in and focus on MTT's on Sundays.

Goals for summer:
* 30'000 VPP's
* Get into "the zone"
* Train 5 times/week

So far the volume is still lacking but I feel ok with that. Will dedicate an entire blog post to the mistakes I've been making the last while when playing online and what I'm doing to get better. As you see on the graph there's a big upswing in the later middle. I was lucky enough to ship The Big $22 for a hair less than $10k on Wednesday last week which felt great. Not just because I was down money before that, but because I felt like I'd started to do stuff the right way and getting a score then feels extra good.



As for live poker I'm getting better there as well. Via a friend of mine I've also managed to get into a good private $4/4 game. The blinds don't really tell the whole story though, as the game usually ends up being uncapped buy-in and depending on who's stuck it might be straddled to $32. Needless to say the swings can get pretty big. My friend has played mostly live cash for a long time on the side of his job so we regularly swap 25% to keep the variance down. The game runs 1-2 times a week so I try to get away from the computer and play some live then, and thus far it's been going great. Been playing better and better but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't running good as well.

Feel like I just spit out a bunch and not sure how it came out. I have a bunch more things I'd like to touch on but I'll have to stop here. Will keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. Hi from Denmark. Remember you from the "rainman days" and I'm still subscribed, so looking forward to see how things develop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks man! Will definitely keep you guys posted, if you have any questions either ask here or on twitter (@Bodeye2)

      Delete
  2. The simplest way to Online Poker Sites win at ? Follow some common rules: study your opponents, believe in your strategy and hide your tells. Beginner poker players might think that with poor cards you cannot win. However, this is the secret – play poker and deal with whatever cards you get. Here are some tips you should take into account.

    ReplyDelete